Monday, January 24, 2011

Contest! Sweettarts ARE involved!

Afternoon, all my loverly followers (mwahaha!).

Holly Dodson has a unique and excellent contest going on at Super Mom Writes to celebrate reaching 100 followers. Check it out.

That reminds me...now, what was I going to tell you...OH YEAH! I have the outrageous notion to reach 500 followers by March 1, 2011. And what better way than a CONTEST! But you'll have to wait until Saturday (yes, I'm moving it up! Can't wait, can't wait!!!).

I know I've been a bit all-caps heavy and the exclamation points are out of control, but I'm sending out my first (ever) query tonight to my #1 agent pick. After that, I'll wait and wait and wait and HOPE that if it's a rejection, she gives me some tips, a sentence, two words, anything really. I'm choosing to be optimistic, of course, and I'll send other queries to other agents who are probably very awesome as well.

I'm also outlining book two, GOT YOUR TONGUE. Why would I outline book two before I know if book one will ever make it off my tiny, silver flash drive? It's simple.

There's more to Kat's story, and I can't wait to see what happens!

-Marie

3 comments:

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Good luck with the querying! I have some great ideas for a follow-up book to my first one, also, but I'm resisting the urge to write it for now. I"ll start a new one instead.

Alleged Author said...

I think it's great that you are working on something else while you query. It definitely helps so you don't freak out because of the wait! Good luck!

Marie Rearden said...

Angelica and Alleged Author, thanks so much for the support. It helps, truly!