Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paul in the big 100 (Sucker Punch sold out)!

I was super excited to watch Sucker Punch, but it sold out. 'Yippee!!!!' said the economy.

So, I rolled with the punches, bypassed Limitless (don't worry, it's on my list), and checked out Paul. Here's the one hundred word review.


Shaun of the Dead?
Great.
Hot Fuzz?
LOVED it!
Previews for Paul?
Shrug.
But I can admit when I’m wrong!
Two best friends take an American road trip toward Area 51 and meet Paul. Fleeing his government prison and voiced by Seth Rogen, this alien’s a rude, crude dude, but there’s a sentimental side to him that got a sniff or two from me. And the bird scene from the previews doesn’t stop being funny. Behind the excellent geek references, uber-creative cursing, and Pegg/Frost’s phenomenal chemistry, there’s a nice story about friendship, loyalty, and believing in the unbelievable. Good movie!   

And that's it!

I'm back in the B-U-tiful (and COLD) Midwest. The Space Needle, Pike Place Market, FORKS? They all met me this past week. In true Olympic Peninsula form, the weather was cool and wet, but when we hit First Beach in LaPush, the clouds parted to give us a little piece of Heaven. :)

I took the week off my revision and now have a gnawing urge to jump back in and finish it up by the end of March. So, four days left in the month. Any goals you're wrapping up? Plans for April? Have you signed up for the A to Z Challenge? How about checked out Crits for Water? And have you seen the most recent Entertainment Weekly? No? Google it immediately. Trust me. You know what? Just buy a copy. There's some Hunger Games goodies inside that add to the cover droolfest story.

Okay! Enough of my yammering!

-Marie

2 comments:

Alleged Author said...

I loved "Paul" so much that I LURVED it! I haven't cracked up that much since "Knocked Up" came out in theaters.

Carrie said...

Thanks for the tips on the Hunger Games news!