Thursday, April 14, 2011

Legend...wait for it...

Dary!

So, Neil Patrick Harris is awesome. We all know that.

But do you know about some of the other legendary things happening around the blogosphere right now? Yes, I'm still using that word. I just can't stop it!

ebysswriter's 250 Word Pitch Contest

Crits for Water

And how about the awesomeness in beautiful Ohio (waves to the other Ohioans! Oh, and everyone else. Okay, just double-arm-waving like a crazy person now)?

Anyway!

I stopped at Panera after work on Tuesday, bought a Chai Tea Latte and bagel, and pulled out the old five subject notebook. I created Zane Bradley. Who? Zane Bradley! One of the POV's in my new project, LOVE'S SMILING DEATH. This is my second, pen-to-paper project, and I've forgotten just how difficult it is to get the words from my brain to the page in some meaningful order. I don't know if this project is 'for real' or just an exercise, but I'm enjoying it so far. It's not paranormal. It's not even YA. Something new and different to flex my writerly muscles. :)

So, what's on your plate this week? A sweet onion poppy seed bagel (don't worry, I only breathed on myself)? How about a new WIP? I'm one hundred percent positive your work will be legend, wait for it...

-Marie



PSYCH!       Dary! :)

(btw, that pic? It's not mine)

5 comments:

Dafeenah said...

I love that show, but I don't particularly like Barney. He just grates on my nerves. Not sure why.

Dafeenah

M.J. Fifield said...

I love Neil Patrick Harris oh so much. I haven't seen that poster before and it's awesome.

No new WIPs on my horizons. I'm having enough trouble finishing the old ones. Good luck with your writing!

Carolyn Twede Frank said...

Cleaver use of the letter L. If only my new WIP would be legendary. That's what's on my plate this week a new book and a new coat of paint on our rental property's walls. (Another L word--lots of labor). Thanks for asking and incouraging.

Susan Oloier said...

I have a new wip in mind. But I like your idea of possibly considering it an exercise. I am a little on the discouraged side of writing right now, so I am going to play piano instead. I think my muse stepped out for a Chai Tea Latte.

doreen said...

I go for the carrot cake. I should go because I'm 1000 words behind on my new WIP.
Great "L" word and nice to meet you!