Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A to Z Reflections and an IMPOSTER!

The A to Z Challenge ended last Saturday, and I finished it! Congrats to everyone else who took the challenge! Whether you made it to the end or fell short, it was super fun while it lasted. We talked about everything under the sun, moon, and stars in April.

On Writing.
We debated using Accents in dialogue, tried to figure out why Edward and his vamp bros always think they're right, traded tips on beating reader boredom, and discussed Jar Jar Binks and characters that weren't as well received as the author intended. I told you about Secrets in my WIP and asked about yours. ;) We even talked about blog post titles being mini-pitches. Then we waged the battle of the eX's.

On Books, Movies, and Television
I recapped my Books from March and reviewed Sucker Punch, Arthur, Source Code (LOVED IT), and Water for Elephants (LOVED IT, the sequel) in 100 words each. We dived into the world of The Hunger Games, Atlas Shrugged, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother, Twilight, and Peter Pan. And, oh yeah, Harry Potter! Holy hot dog, have you seen the new DH trailer? I finished my fan fiction discussion (hello, Mr. Malfoy!), and Taz made an appearance.

On Blogfests and Follower Praise
The Now Starring Blogfest and the Query Help Blogfest came and went. Thanks so much to everyone who sent feedback on my query! I did an I-Love-You-Followers post when I reached 100 and another gushy post toward the end of the month asking why you write ('because I must' was the top answer).

On Miscellaneous
There was a random post about balancing diet and exercise, which brought up balancing everything else in life. If I never had to sleep and could spend half as much time in the office for the same weekly paycheck, my WIP would never fall behind. :)

WOW! What a fantastic month. Tiring, sure, but worth every minute. Thanks to all of the hosts! We should do this again some time (like, next year maybe!). :)


And finally, an IMPOSTER!


Don't be fooled by the wings and spots! hehe


-Marie

6 comments:

Stina said...

Love this summary of the month, especially the A-Z blogfest. I apparently missed some great posts. :(

Carolyn Twede Frank said...

Great Summary. I loved participating in the A to Z Blogfest too!

brandileigh2003 said...

Awesome! Looks like a great time.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Write Life said...

Ah, Cheetah. I'm going to be posted on Jodi Meadows site this weekend, so we'll see if the critters get their claws out!
You're a superstar -- we'll get there!

Carrie said...

Congrats on finishing the challenge! Is it wrong that I love the imposter? He's pretty cute :-)

Marie Rearden said...

You can love the Flying Pig Cheetah imposter. He is rather cute. But never be fooled...

:), Marie