Monday, June 6, 2011

One Night in Bangkok. The Hangover 2 in 100 Words!

I watched The Hangover, Part II on Saturday and wanted to share a quick, 100 word review.

The Hangover 2 (and really, the original Hangover) is the R-rated, 21st Century Three Stooges. The formula is the same as the first: three guys, somehow drugged, wake up with no memories, so many cans of wriggling, festering worms, and one missing person. But this time, they’re not in the states, and the first clues they find to their night of debauchery are a bloody finger, a drug-dealing monkey, and Mr. Chow. Ed Helms shines, half of the cast show us everything their momma’s gave them (not Bradley Cooper, sorry), and we get a, umm, happy ending.

Now, you'd think I'd learn not to blush at movies after watching Johnny Knoxville's latest in excruciating 3-D, but what can I say? There are just some things that, wow, this small town gal doesn't see coming.
In other news, the fabulous Andrew Leon tagged me on his blog. I'll go through the questions. Please feel free to not participate if I tag you. This is all in good fun!
What do you think of when you the hear the word tag?
Elementary school recess where the held-back-for-football jocks slapped us nerds (and proud of it!) so hard between the shoulder blades, we thought our lungs would forever live in our feet.

Do you think you're hot?
Well, that's certainly a loaded question...

Upload a picture or wallpaper that you're using at the moment.


Remember this one from my trip to the Olympic Peninsula (FORKS!). Take that, Mr. Elusive Rainbow, from the window of the speeding SUV!



When was the last time you ate chicken?
Before April 2011, but not sure of an exact date.

The song(s) you listened to recently.
Anything by My Chemical Romance. Love them! And I recently downloaded Songs for Japan. Heard Womanizer by Britney Spears at the Troy, Ohio Strawberry Festival yesterday. Seriously, it was playing over the main speakers. Yep. And I hope I don't lose any followers over this, but I LOVE that song!

What were you thinking as you were doing this?
Would GRAY WORLD, LAVENDER LOVE be a good title for my Kat Wake story?

Do you have nicknames? What are they?
Umm, I was Ohio at Backspace, but only because I was nicknaming people left and right, Zombieland style. What can I say? I'm terrible with names. I did learn everyone's actual names by the end of the conference.

Tag 8 3 blogger friends:
Yes, I changed the rules. Sorry! How about some Backspace people!
My lovely support group for Day 2 of the conference. I love you all!
Who's listed as No. 1?
The incredible Laura! This girl could bottle Confidence and sell it at the Estee Lauder counter. We were in the same agent-author workshop (with Tonya and Eliza and a bunch of other incredible authors). Check out her query for her DARK YA, Girl in the Mirror. It sounds incredible. Can't wait to read it!
How did you get to know No. 3?
Eliza's YA Fantasy features a reptilian prince as the villain. Maybe I'm weird, but he sounds like a definite hottie to me. ;) That's about the size of my introduction when our workshop ended. The rest is...I'm not going to say history, but you know what I mean.
Leave a lovey dovey message for No. 2.

Dear Nebraska, You're a wonderful writer with a sassy, sexy story idea (Haute Mess!). Good luck submitting to all the agents you charmed, especially Scott Hoffman!

That's it! Thanks for sticking with me to the end. I'll be posting on Wednesday about the Backspace Key Note Speaker, Jonathan Maberry, and how his message relates to a certain Wall Street Journal article making its way around the writing community.
-Marie

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you tagged me, Ohio. You are officially responsible for pushing back my 40 Days and 40 Chapters deadline by, like, 15 minutes... Look for my response. ;o)

Zan Marie said...

Marie,
I just *tagged* you! LOL! Check out my blog.

Tonya Kuper said...

OHIO! You are such a sweetie! Can not wait to get a signed copy of your novel in the near future. You are going places, girl! Let's stay in touch!

Tonya (Nebraska)