Monday, October 24, 2011

100 Words for The Three Musketeers

I didn't see the 1993 Musketeers, so I can't make a fair comparison, but the semi-drunk, quasi-retired musketeers (not to mention, the arrogant D'Artagnan) made me constantly oooh, aaaah, and from-the-belly laugh. They’re on a mission to save France from a bloody war with the Duke of Buckingham (Bloom). An entertaining couple of hours (thank you, Planchet!), brimming with creative swordplay, and all the Mr. Darcy (Matthew Macfadyen) you'll ever need.

CAUTION, though! Orlando Bloom NEVER PICKS UP A SWORD! I couldn't speak for several minutes when I realized it. Guess I'll have to wait for the sequel. :)


A ton of contests are happening all over our beloved internet. Check out this, this, this, and this for ARC's (sorry about all the links, but...ARC's!!!!!), and Miss Snark for the upcoming Baker's Dozen.

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, POSSIBLY LIFE-ALTERING NOTE!

Got your attention? hehe

If you have any chance at all to get a copy of SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi before it comes out on 11/15/11, GET IT. Finished it in A DAY, and I'm a super slow reader. The devious, spine-tingling, bad boy villain grabbed and crushed my heart in his first scene. I'm his forever!

Happy Monday!

-Marie

3 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

Was the 1993 version the Disney one with Chris O'Donnell and Charlie Sheen? Boy, that movie was funny...both intentionally and not so much.

Love your 100 word reviews!

Alleged Author said...

I kinda wondered about this one. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I saw 'Three Musketeers' this weekend, too. I guess great minds think alike. :-) Anyway, I've seen both versions and I'm still trying to decide if I liked this one. There were parts I really enjoyed and I LOVE Orlando Bloom. But I think I'd love him in just about anything, so I'm slightly biased there. However, I did not like the portrayal of the Countess de Winter. I kind of thought her parts were over the top and a bit cheesy. But it was a fun movie to watch. Thanks for the review.