Monday, June 27, 2011

100 Words for Bad Teacher, and Praise for The Lion King!

Welcome to Monday, everyone! This week's going to be fabulous. I just know it. :)

And it all starts with a quick review of Bad Teacher.


Oh, Cameron Diaz, you’re lovely. Really. Except when you’re a drinking, drugging, cheating, gold digging teacher who thinks her breasts aren’t perfect enough.
I don’t walk into a rated R comedy expecting the perfection of Inception (LOVE that movie), so I ignored the critics. Diaz plays her Miss Halsey too well. Timberlake and Lucy Punch made me cringe-laugh with their tooth rotting sweetness, and Jason Segel? Well, I rooted for and against him the entire time.
There’s zero to like about Diaz’s character, but if you’re looking for a laugh, check this movie out when it comes to DVD.


As you probably gathered, Bad Teacher wasn't the highlight of my weekend. I had the pleasure of seeing The Lion King performed on stage here in Dayton, Ohio.

Holy hot dog!

Amazing. Inspiring. The sun rose on Elton John and Tim Rice's Circle of Life, and my heart sped up. It was emotion like I haven't felt in ages. If you get the chance to see this, you won't regret it. Your kids will enjoy it. Your parents will too. The Pridelands come to life with giraffes, cheetahs, lions, and a farting warthog I want to cuddle, Elmyra Duff style.

We're in the final stretch of June 2011. For all of you teachers out there, think of me between the hours of seven and four each weekday while you relax into your summer break. :)

-Marie

3 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

The previews for Bad Teacher made me laugh but not enough to want to go see it in theaters. It's definitely a wait for netflix type of film.

And I'm so jealous that you got to see The Lion King. I've love to see a stage production of that show sometime.

Alleged Author said...

I want to see "Bad Teacher" because she sounds like the polar opposite of the teachers I know. That way I can thank my lucky stars people like that don't work at my school!!!

Tracey Neithercott said...

I saw The Lion King on Broadway a long time ago and I remember clearly having the same reaction as you. The costumes, the music...it's all gorgeous.

And I'm sad to hear Bad Teacher was, um, bad. I thought it'd be a good rental but from what I hear you're not the only one who says STAY AWAY! Point taken. Thanks!