Monday, November 7, 2011

I. Have. RETURNED!

Hi all!

I made it home from the Backspace Conference safe, sound, and pumped! It's time to do some major revising to SOULSCAPE and start shopping it. A new idea is floating through my brain. :)

I'll have a series of posts here at the Cheetah about my Backspace education, but today's Monday. I usually give you a 100 word movie review, but I'm changing it up a bit. Still a review. Still 100 words, but not a movie.

I'd like to review the first musical I've ever seen on Broadway!


An eager youth follows a How-To book's advice on climbing the corporate ladder.

I saw this musical for one reason: Daniel Radcliffe. I wanted to see if Harry Potter could sing, dance, and wow on stage, and…ahem...I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! Radcliffe has a sparkling future ahead of him that has nothing to do with being the Chosen One.

Besides Radcliffe, John Larroquette, Christopher Hanke, Mary Faber, and the entire cast made me want to stand and cheer through the entire show.

Go to NY, see How to Succeed…, stand at the stage door. It’s an experience you'll never forget!


I didn't manage to get Daniel's autograph, as security was very tight and I wasn't at the front of the mob crowd. I did get a blurry picture of him, though. SQUEAL! John Larroquette signed my playbill, and I blinded him with pictures. Such a cool experience!

On a related-but-slightly-unrelated note, I guest-posted over at REEL YA. Check out my 100 word review of the best teen movie OF ALL TIME! We can debate it out if you have other nominees for that honor. :)

And on a definitely-and-completely-unrelated note, LOL, I was a finalist in Janet Reid's latest 100 word contest! YAY! If you want to read my teary entry, go here. I'm a big fan of these off-the-cuff shorts. They're fun, challenging, and a breath of fresh air.

Also, I won't be posting this Friday or next Monday as I'll be overindulging in all things Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Have you been before? If so, what can I absolutely NOT miss?

Missed you all last week. Thanks for stopping by the Flying Cheetah!

-Marie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli! It's Andy. How great was Backspace? Naked Monkeys!!!!!

J. H. Bográn said...

Good to know you made it to Broadway on time. You kind of left in a hurry.
Glad you enjoyed the experience over all. Anxiously awaiting those backspace posts! Will there be pics? Am I on any of them? lol