Good to have. Awesome to achieve. Everyone should have at least one goal, no matter how big or small.
I have a goal, and it is huge! Five hundred followers by March 1, 2011, to make friends, learn more about the (crazy) world of publishing, and network, network, network.
FLY TO 500 details:
You must (aka Rules):
1. Follow this blog (by 'follow,' I mean click the Follow button to the right of the screen).
2. Post a 100 (or fewer) word book, movie, TV show, or music/artist review (updated 2/5/11) in a comment to this post. Make me laugh, cry, read, watch, but do it in less than 100 words.
3. Have a valid email address (though you don't have to post it in your comment). Once you see the prizes, you'll understand why this is necessary.
4. Link to this contest on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc., and post that link in your comment. I mean, you should be able to network too, right? Right!
1. 20 random number generator-selected comments will receive a $10 Amazon e-gift card. Posts will be numbered in the time/date order they were received, so one entry/comment per person. No do-overs, sorry.
2. 5 Favorites will be selected by me, and the Followers (mwahaha) will vote on the hands-down winner from March 1 to March 10. Top prize is a $50 Amazon e-gift card. The four runners-up will each get a $25 Amazon e-gift card. All prizes will be distributed by March 31, 2011.
Bonus! I'm pledging $1 for each follower to the Exotic Feline Rescue Center in Centerpoint, Indiana up to a maximum $1,000 to be paid over the rest of 2011. Check them out. They're well worth it. Follower count will be taken on March 1, 2011 to determine the donation. :)
I'm also going to visit as many blogs as possible to introduce myself and spread the word.
If you cringe at self-promotion, take a look at Lisa Desrochers's post here. You've heard me talk about her debut Personal Demons, which is very good and you should Kindle the jeepers out of it soon (or buy the book, of course). You've also probably seen Contest City happening across the Blogosphere, so if you promote this contest, I appreciate it and you.
Just for the record, I'm in no way associated with Amazon. I buy my books, movies, you-name-its through Amazon and thought it the most universal for an online contest (plus, you get to choose your own goodies. Neat, huh?).
I am also not affiliated with the EFRC. I just like what the organization's doing and love to support it.
FLY TO 500! Annnnnnnd GO! :)