Here are 7 random facts about me, and 5 blogs you should NOT miss. :)
1. I eat a jar of peanut butter every week. Cross my heart!
2. My WIP, currently titled FREEFALL, has lived in about seven different versions. A college tale, a prep school version, now a high school romance. It's been focused on so manner of the wrong things, but what it boils down to is a supernatural romance between soulmates separated by life and death. Sigh! That's the good stuff, yeah? hehe
3. I'm a cat person (HA! Did you guess?). I've rescued four
4. I didn't want to be an author when I was young. I wanted to be a band director, then an actress, then an advertising executive. Today, I'm an accountant! The writing life bloomed from a tiny idea that became 60% of my entire world.
5. I turn the big 3-0 next year, and I'm way too excited about it. Wouldn't an agent's interest be a fabulous gift? (Wouldn't completely finishing my MS be a good way to make that happen...um, yeah.)
6. I seriously heart spreadsheets.
7. I chose my pen based on one of my fave characters in literature, Hank Rearden from ATLAS SHRUGGED. He's flawed in so many ways and kinda hates himself for it. But we love him! Such a great story.
Now, 5 blogs with Awesome!
1. A Writer's Journey - Teralyn's one of the most dedicated bloggers EVER! Check her out.
2. Ashley March - Love Ashley! I discovered her through Kat Brauer's Crits for Water. Such an encouraging sweetheart.
3. The Flighty Temptress - Speaking of Kat Brauer....I could spend a whole post laying on the Amazing, the Fantastic, the Insert-Capitalized-Word-Meaning-Great, but I'll control myself. Go. Awesome.
4. Write Escape - Linda McLaren's my writer-everything. :) Friend, crit, encouragement, an outlet to vent, to ask stupid questions, to give crappy title ideas (a LOT of crappy title ideas). Thank you, dear. You're the best!
5. A ton of awesome agent blogs, like Janet Reid's, Suzie Townsend's, Meredith Barnes's, and so many other agents who work terribly hard to educate us on the industry, good writing, great reading, and what they want to see. Thank you all!
6. BONUS! All of the other blogs I follow. You are my darlings. Educating me, sharing your excitement, your experiences. I truly believe writers are some of the most generous and caring people on the planet. Thank you!
Now, I'll wrap up with a link to this hilarious blog post from Hyperbole and a Half about a simple dog. I haven't laughed this hard in at least seven and a half months. ;)
Thanks for reading.